Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Digital Story Final

My overall experience creating this digital story was not bad.  I had a little bit of trouble with the transitions from my audio to the music and there is still some short pauses.  I think this is something I am going to try to do more often and feel my students would love to do as well. 

If you didn't see my first draft, I tried to show my students where math is all around them.  This would be something I might show in the beginning or end of the year for my students just so they realize that even if they are not going into a math field, they are surrounded by math everyday.

Here is the final version.  Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Great video Laura! It's so important for students to understand how they will use math later in life, particularly since most students are convinced they won't. I admittedly was one of them in high school! Perhaps if I had seen something like this... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You included some really great pictures of geometric shapes and art that will excite students. I think this is a great idea, and every learning area should have a short video like this to show students what they can do with their learning.... create connection to common core!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found I didn't appreciate algebra until I got to help redesign my bedroom as a kid, and my dad had me help calculate how much paint and wallpaper we'd need. Then I realized while math was still hard sometimes, it had it's uses :) I think this would be great at the beginning of the year to stave off some of the "why do I need to know this?!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura I think it is a great idea to show your Digital story for your classes and it would be beneficial at the start or the end of the year because it is just letting them see that Math is really everywhere you are. I like the message you are sending them in letting them know that some of what they learned is definitely useful in the “real” world.

    ReplyDelete